The double shaft mixers have the task of amalgamating the raw material and supplying a homogeneous and sufficiently plastic mixture to the feeding line.
The mixing action is achieved through the counter-rotation of the paddles, which force the material to pass from one side to the other of the trough, spread it, and cause the homogenization and handling of material.
Watering action is realized with pressure nozzles placed at different points of the trough.
The mixing paddles can be supplied with a wear-resistant, double-thick chromium plating or a tungsten carbide reinforcement on the external surface and following complete double-thick chromium plating.
The double shaft mixers are available with mixing trough lengths from 2500 up to 3735 mm, paddles diameters from 420 up to 860 mm for throughputs of approx. 15–200 m3/h.
- Supporting structure made in electro-welded steel;
- Mixing blades holding shafts made in steel with square section;
- Trough equipped with internal interchangeable chromium-plated linings;
- Shafts front support equipped with spherical rolls bearings;
- Mixing blades in electro-welded steel with chromium plating and wear-resistant reinforcement in tungsten carbide;
- Protection of mixing zone employing grid;
- Gearbox, in electro-welded steel, with double reduction containing dismountable supports, steel shafts, and helicoidally toothed gears;
- Forced lubrication through a separated circuit driven by motorized pump;
- Driving pulley with pneumatic clutch.